After months of extremely hard work, I am so excited to announce that the first application has just been deployed to the new production Viaduct platform.
The application in question is the Shoppe Demo Site which is a Ruby on Rails 4 application with a MySQL database.
It uses a number of Viaduct features:
- Automatic detection and initial configuration of the application using our template system.
- A custom domain is configured for demo.tryshoppe.com.
- We're using the free hobby level MySQL database.
- We have configured a scheduled task to automatically reset and re-seed the database each day at 5am so it doesn't fill with too much test data.
- We're using the built-in SMTP service to send emails for the application.
We can't wait to get this platform out there. We just have a few bits (mostly of just tedious admin) to go before we start sending our beta invites to our mailing list. The list includes:
- We need to write a fair amount of documentation so people can understand how the platform works so they can deploy applications effectively.
- We need to finalise our arrangements for custom SSL and add SSL to all our management pages.
- We need to put the finishing touches to our new community forum which will be meeting place for all our beta testers.
- Finally, we need to design & order the first batch of T-Shirts (but we won't let this delay the beta!)
To end, I'm just going to leave these screenshots here. We'll be in touch soon and don't forget to follow us on Twitter.